What a surprise! Somebody thinks I’m worth an award! That’s worth the legendary Ice Cube and Chris Tucker gif :
No, seriously, thank you so much to the beautiful Grace Anne here. The award itself celebrates those who are inspiring and bring sunshine into the lives of their readers and fellow bloggers. Aw, I’m truly humbled! And thus let’s move on to something a touch more interesting then me bantering about the award.
Here are the rules :
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person that nominated you
- Nominate some other bloggers for this award
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated
- Which one do you prefer, change the past or know your future?
As everyone ever, I do have my regrets, but I wouldn’t change a thing even if I could, so I’ll go with knowing my future. Though, to be completely honest, wouldn’t want it too, ’cause that would take away a part of what makes life interesting.
- If you received a Lifetime achievement award, what would it be for?
Hopefully, something like Will Smith’s generation award. Would be great to have had enough impact on people’s lives for them to recognise one like this.
- Under an alien attack, will you be a collaborator or rebel?
Depends on what slogans they’d be using and what would they promise us. If they’d go full-on fight or die mode, I would obviously go with the rebel name, but if they were to come in peace, I’d be okay to stay as a diplomat. I doubt I’d ever just betray my own species, just like I wouldn’t go around saying I’m not Lithuanian, it’s patriotism, nationalism, whatever you like to call it.
- Your blog’s purpose? Did you reach it?
The purpose has always been to be my place to share ideas. I created it around this purpose. Thus, of course! But if you mean goals, I do have a page in my notebook dedicated to that, but I wouldn’t want to share it just now.
- Are you a Theist or an Atheist? Why?
I am indeed a theist, a Roman Catholic. I wouldn’t say I’m too religious, it’s more like a tradition, but I do agree with the main thesis of it and I do believe there is a higher power, a creator.
- One thing you would always do right no matter what?
Had you asked ‘one thing you would always do wrong no matter what?’ I would have said pretty much everything and that wouldn’t have been a lie. But I do believe I’m alright when it comes to getting along with people. If I want to get along with them that is, of course. I feel like it’s nothing special and everybody has it, but perhaps I’m just a touch more liberal than most and can tolerate a bit more. Oh, and I can tell every driver on current F1 grid by their helmets or car numbers.
- Silk Pajamas or Cotton?
Cotton. Silk just doesn’t give the warmth I need. Practical stuff. That’s how you know you’re talking to an Eastern European person.
- One trait of self you lost to the world?
I don’t think I’ve lost any traits. Perhaps a few of them have been turned down slightly in favour of me being the person I want to be (like my hot-headedness), but other than that, I’m mostly the same. It’s just that I have a bit more experience and a better understanding of some things. And because of me being an asshole egoist I certainly didn’t lose any of it to save the world, rather to help myself.
- Trekking in the mountains or Chilling in a hotel pool?
My physical state is horrible, my heart isn’t too great as well, so I’ll have to go with the pool. Though, I can’t swim. Damn it! In this scenario I’m probably dying either way. Hopefully there’s at least hot lifeguards by the pool…
- One silly habit, you can’t let go of??
Eating while watching telly. Horrible, stupid, but satisfying.
- Finally, what would be your dying wish?
Since at this point I probably couldn’t do anything to save myself from this fate, I’d just go with a great last meal. Perhaps a steak? YES! A good steak. That’s my dying wish.
Mes questions (trying to act all French, in reality using Google translate):
- What was the most groundbreaking news that changed your life lately?
- What’s your favourite drink?
- Do you watch sports? Which team/athlete do you cheer for?
- Are you of conservative or liberal views?
- Who is your favourite author and why?
- Do you know the name of every bone in your body?
- What’s the one flaw of modern society you’d like to see changed in the next 5 years?
- Who/what inspired you to start blog? Who/what still does?
- What is the thing you had when you were a child that kids these days don’t have?
- What was your highlight of today?
- Is the glass half-empty or half-full?
And the nominees are (I’m not forcing you to do this, only suggesting) :
- Just missed the runway
- Ellis goes on holiday
- The Geen Genie
- Rhysaphine… in Life
- The Joe James Experience
- Spiritual dragonfly
- A sunken thought
- Hungry faces
- Destination humanity
- Steve Rose’s blog
- Fluffy pool
And thus, my mission is complete. Best of luck to all of you who’ll be accepting this award/challenge/tag.