I’ve been learning French for half a year now and I figured I’d share with you the reasons why I do it. Allons-y, shall we?
1. It sounds amazing! Just say it…omelette du fromage.. hear how nice it sounds? That’s what I’m talking about.
2. You can speak to French people. I mean, style, great wine and cheese. What else would you ever need?
3. It’s quite similar to English. You would only need to learn verbs and tenses, okay, maybe some other words as well, but really there are a lot of similarities.
4. It is quite a bit like Spanish as well (at least so it seems to me). So after learning French you can be a bad ass polyglot and learn Spanish as well!
5. Just knowing that you can speak the language that Napoleon, Louis XIV, Hugo, Voltaire and other great french people were talking feels pretty awesome, to be honest..
6. Edgar Allan Poe. I was interested in French earlier, but reading his stories makes you feel like learning French could make you a better, more intelligent person.
7. You can travel through Europe knowing that either using English or French (okay, you’d need some knowledge of Russian if going to East) you are going to buy whatever you want and find whatever you need and talk to that hot person wherever you are.
8. Tutorial books are very nice. We’ve been learning from a few of them and they all have these super stylish, nice looking pictures and great articles that are so very inviting. It might be something else, but why only French tutorials are that cute? Why not English or Russian?
9. Just changing your daily yes to oui, no to non and let’s go to allons-y is going to be one of those things that will make you a little more special.