This was quite unexpected to me, but Paige Rita was kind enough to nominate me for The Liebster Award, which is basically a Q&A for new blogs, I guess.
The rules, which I found on her page, are right here :
- Acknowledge the blogger that nominated you
- Answer the questions they asked
- Nominate 10 bloggers with under 200 followers
- Inform the bloggers you have nominated them
- Post 10 questions for them to answer
Let’s start, shall we?
- What is the history of/meaning behind your name? If you’d rather not put your name online, what is the background of your blog title?
Well, my name is Vakarė and it’s 100% Lithuanian. It literally means ‘evening‘. So yeah, I guess that’s why my evenings tend to be a bit longer than they should. And if you want to know about the title.. well, I love shoes and wanted to include that word and shoeonthemoon seemed crazy enough, but not too much, you know what I mean?
- Where is the most exciting place you’ve been and what did you see?
Honestly, I have never been abroad. Ever. But I think we have some great places here and one of my favourites is Europos Parkas (literally means Park of Europe). It’s near Vilnius, Lithuania and it has some marvelous sculptures!
- What is your earliest memory?
I think it’s me and my dad going to hospital to see my newborn sister.I remember saying that she was too tiny to live and breathe or something like that 😀 I should have been 4 years old or so. Yea, my memory is really not that great.
- Did you ever do anything hilariously horrible as a kid? What was it? (Bonus points if it involves embarrassing a parent.)
I can’t remember embarrassing my parents, but I remember me and my friend were playing with a ball. An old lady was passing by and for some reason we thought it would be a good idea to throw that ball at her. We hit her head. I remember us running away as fast as we could, but I don’t think she was chasing us or anything. The worst part was that we actually had to go get the ball back. The lady was standing right there when we awkwardly walked to take it not saying a word.
- What awards have you won? What is your favorite?
Me and a couple of my friends do videos, take pictures, we draw, we help people, who are working on stage and things like that. But I think my favourite was winning an award in economics contest. Yes, I, usually involved in art, happened to win a contest that was nothing else, but economics. However, the best event I helped with was Dainų Šventė in Kaunas(a local song festival, where people sing national songs and dance national dances). It happened 3 or 4 years ago and we had to draw live. We were standing inbetween all the screens and just painting. You can see the view here.
- What blog post of your own is your favorite so far?
Wow, that is the most awkward question i could think of. But I think it’s 9 thing we’ve learned from South Park, where I wrote my favourite things about South Park, which is a great and actually pretty deep show.
- Do you have any outfits that makes you feel totally great about your body? Describe it!
First of all, I want to say something that noone says – I like my body. I know a lot of people would say I’m too skinny, not curvy enough or too curvy, but really, I like the way I look. However, I think that I look best in crop tops and high-waisted bottoms, which makes me look a bit taller, since I’m quite short.
- What is your favorite thing about yourself/best attribute of your body?
I think it’s my eyelashes. They are a bit longer than usual, they are curved and they are black, which is so very convenient, because you don’t have to put mascara from the very roots.
- Do you have any unusual talents?
I don’t know if anyone would consider this a talent, but I am a professional stumbler. I stumble so much that we used to say if I stumble it’s going to be a good day and we had a lot of good days. When you think about it, it’s actually amazing how rarely I fall.
- What do you think would make for the greatest meal?
I have two things in my mind right now. It’s spaghetti with cheese and pepperoni, and zeppelins (originally – cepelinai), which is basically two kinds of potatoes and meat inside. Gosh, I’m hungry now.
That done I nominate these blogs (sorry if I name anyone who has already done it or if during that time the blog got 200 followers):
- A Small Person
- Poems, Expressions & My Opinions On Spirituality
- Love Yourself Again
- Fred B-C: Freelance Hope Warrior
- New Peace, Old Mind
- Tea, milk, no sugar thanks…
- Strawberry & Me
The questions I ask :
- What is your current dream car?
- What movie genre is your favourite?
- Tell us the best memory of your childhood.
- What do you think is the best thing about you?
- Do you think aliens exist? Do you want them to?
- What blog post of your own is your favorite so far? (keeping that one in here)
- What is the last thing you googled?
- Name 5 things you couldn’t live without.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- When was the last time you went on vacation? Where did you go?